What We Really Want & Getting There

I’m back in Australia again after a short, rejuvenating trip to Bali. The year I lived there was one of the best years of my life. When I’m there I’m alive. The days are full of possibilities… I’m tingling as I read that back.

 

Australia is not a bad place but each of us has a space we are lit up by and others that are a little well, meh. 

 

Meh as in indifferent or life-sapping.

 

I love Australia. I just don’t love being here right now.

 

So go back to Bali, I hear you say. Well yes…

 

It not always that easy, is it? Some of us, those friends who just jumped into your mind, or you perhaps. Some people seem to find things easy. They speak the words ‘Just do it’ with effortless aplomb. Money seems to fall into their laps, and they do life so well.

 

They work hard, I know they work hard. But all of us do, don’t we? Some of us just don’t always find the fruit of our labour coming back to us. Why is that?

 

I’m not complaining, I’m pointing out a common misconception - a theme of my writing and of my coaching.

 

Success is a multi-billion-dollar industry. People are chasing down what works and what makes things happen. I spent the best part of a decade studying the best experts had on offer. In a nutshell, here’s what they’ll tell you.

 

Thought – Word – Action – Result

 

Change your thinking, speak what you want, take action that reflects that, get the result.

“Be transformed by the renewing of your mind” ~ Roman 2.12

 

If only it was that simple


Actually, it is that simple, it’s just not so easy to do. If you’ve grown up doing it the right way, it feels easy. That’s because the neural pathways of the brain are healthy ones. 

 

For those of us who don’t have those healthy thoughts embedded in our subconscious, we have to work hard to create NEW ONES.

 

What Romans 2.12 tells us is a bit more expansive… “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

 

Religion is such a tricky thing. I’m not religious. At least I hope not… It’s kinda insidious. It may well be why most gurus of the success industry don’t mention God. I get it. 


The problem is, though, that all our successful programs are based on the Bible. Worse, when we choose to leave God (or a higher power as we understand them to be) out of the picture, things don't turn out so well. Endeavours, ideas, even good works become chaff on the wind, and people disappear into the annuls of history.

 

We see this more and more clearly in the West these days. There is a void of moral standing, where God has been removed from our thinking. 

 

In its place, leaders are not able (or willing) to describe the difference between a man and a woman. Children are killed up to & after childbirth, defended as a mother’s right to choose, and if they survive that are taught in our schools to can choose their own gender.

 

Unspeakable acts have just happened in Israel.

 

All of it, madness.

 

In Australia, I am none-the-less I know, still in the lucky country. We are far from the worst of it. But in the face of a world gone mad, should we give up on our dreams? I think not. 



I think it important to pursue them especially because the world has lost it. There's nothing quite so refreshing as being around someone delighted by their life and we could all use a bit of that right now.


Dreams are given by God and are as a much a birthright as the freedoms the world wars over. The freedom of life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness... Our authentic dreams are intrinsic to that happiness, and I believe also to our destiny.

 

What’s calling you?

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if the Feeling's Gone?

Where to Begin

The Power of Authenticity