The Healing Power of Forgiveness - Pamela Gregory

Apologies for the delay with this post. I had wanted to do a follow-up interview with Pamela, but it hasn't worked out just yet, so here you go :)

Someone astute asked me this week, "Is her work for real?" It sounds beyond the scope of proven reality for some ears. The answer is yes, but then I know Pamela well after hours of conversation and was introduced to her by someone I trust who has survived cancer with her help, so for me it's much easier to accept I guess.

That terminal cancer patients could turn things around through forgiveness, I get can sound pie in the sky. But if it was possible (and it is) wouldn't you want to know about it? And wouldn't you want to know about other possibilities for your life even if you're healthy? (Stay tuned, that's coming)

Pamela spoke about a common occurrence of people saying to her, "I don't understand. I've done everything right. I eat healthily, I exercise..." I found myself laughing at this point in the interview, not because it's funny, but because we're told we have to try so hard in life and for many of us it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is it not true that when we try so hard to be perfect, things don't go so well? And that for some people things just seem to fall into place? I was laughing at the irony of this common experience... laugh or cry, you know? In Australia, we learn to laugh at adversity. It's a cultural norm, born of struggle and hardship on a national level.

My life has been a constant struggle and even though I've tried extremely hard, things always seemed to turn out much less than I'd hoped for. So what is it that has things go so well for some and for others, not so much?

That, of course, is the point of these interviews and of The Dreamers Caravan in general. It's taken years of struggle to get to a point of self-forgiveness and to putting one foot in front of another with what truly matters to me.

A year in Bali was a joy, but it was also a struggle. Life can be tough for all of us, but some of us are dealing with it differently and getting vastly different results. I'm aiming to drill down into that in these blog posts and podcasts.

A key take away from this interview is that holding onto a negative experience is bad for us emotionally and, in the end, physically as well. This is not to say that a bad thing is alright, or that it's ok for people to treat us badly. It's not. It's just that our inability to let it go causes our own health and life to be impacted for the worse.

Pamela, as a result of her practicing what she preaches, is about the happiest person I know. It's a joy to talk to her and even dare I say, to follow her social media posts. They are so positive and encouraging, like the woman herself. There is no sense of 'better than'. On the contrary, she meets people where they are without taking on their stuff.

I highly recommend connecting and following her work. It's truly remarkable and so is she.

Pamela's online spaces -
https://www.facebook.com/pamelagregory528
pamelagregory.com

Podcast here - https://soundcloud.com/simonwhitefeather/pamela-gregory-p1



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if the Feeling's Gone?

Where to Begin

What We Really Want & Getting There