What to Do in Difficult Times - Part 3

What about when things get rough? It won't always feel like this, but there's an opportunity in dark times to experience God. I'm not talking about religion. The opportunity is beyond all that... into personal experience.

The best quote I ever heard about this was from a guy called Brent Rue who said, "Religion is like an innoculation; just enough of something to stop you from getting the real thing."

So what's the real thing? That's for you to discover I guess, if you want to.

7. Pray
When you're losing it and before that, try it. The Lord's prayer has got your back! There's also the Serenity prayer used in 12 step programs. I've found it to bring peace no matter what I've been going through. It gets you back in the game. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can & the wisdom to know the difference."

Hang in there!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if the Feeling's Gone?

Where to Begin

The Power of Authenticity