Live the Dream Project

The Journey

The journey starts whenever you want it to. You can stay as you are. It will be ok, but nothing will change. If you’re ok with that, stop reading.

So you’re still reading. You know what that means don’t you? Something’s got to change! That’s pretty exciting. Let me encourage you. :)

My journey began in 2012, I think. Lets say it was then. As my father likes to say, “Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.” I was pretty unhappy that year, so I called up my family and called off Christmas. No joke!

I didn’t know what I wanted from life anymore. I felt I was spinning my wheels, on a treadmill, surviving, stuck paying the bills; without ever feeling like I was getting anywhere. You know how it is.

My family are great and understood, or said they did. Either way it was pretty cool of them. They still had Christmas of course, but I needed some time out.

Not knowing what to do with myself, I took my dog down to the ‘off the leash’ dog park overlooking Coogee beach. Looking down at the water I remembered I used to love snorkeling, so I went around to the local dive shop to pick up a mask.

To cut a long story short, the guy signed me up for a dive course, something I had always dreamed of doing. I swear I stood there at the counter waiting for someone to haul my ass out of there. Nobody did.

The rest is history. Diving, traveling, a year in Bali and working on ways to help people live their dreams. It sounds pretty good when I put it that way but it wasn’t always pretty. There were dark days too, but dark days against a bland life make things hard to handle. When you’re working on something worthwhile, dark days are blimps.

The world is good or bad depending on your outlook, but everyone can agree it can improve some. I believe that when we live our God given dreams, the things that light us up on the inside, we make a difference.

People are made to be excited about life. We are born that way and learn otherwise. Let’s take it back. What lights you up? What are your dreams? I dare you to start living them! It’s the start of something and I hope it’s something BIG.

What do I mean? Can you imagine a world full of people living their dreams? I can and it looks a whole better than the one we’ve got now.

PS. It’s not selfish to live your dreams. It's one of the greatest gifts you can give to the world and one of the greatest legacies you can leave behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What if the Feeling's Gone?

Where to Begin

The Power of Authenticity